City Council has voted on five preservation issues since the last time The Glendale Historical Society has updated its scores for Councilmembers, effective July 1.
These votes included the addition of four properties to the Glendale Register and/or Mills Act and the final Historic District Streamline vote, where the Glendale Historical Society advocated for the previous 50% +1 threshold with no additional signature verification. This was passed by the majority of Council, 3-2. The Council voted unanimously to adopt the Streamline measures after more than two years in process.
The Councilmember’s updated scores, effective Oct. 28, are as follows:
- Mayor Dan Brotman: 89%, a seven-point increase from his last score
- Councilwoman Elen Asatryan: 56%, a one-point increase from her last score
- Councilwoman Paula Devine: 89%, a seven-point increase from her last score
- Councilman Ardy Kassakhian: 72%, a 17-point increase from his last score
- Councilman Ara Najarian: 56%, a one-point increase from his last score
Additional information, including details on the votes included in the calculation, can be found at glendalehistorical.org/city-council-scores.
First published in the November 4 print issue of the Glendale News-Press.