This week marked the kick-off of Glendale’s summer concerts with The Curse, a Cure tribute band, playing on July 5 at Verdugo Park and the Blue Breeze Band playing Motown tunes at the Brand Library and Art Center Lawn on July 7.
More shows are coming up at the following locations and times:
Wednesdays at Verdugo Park, located at 1621 Canada Blvd., at 7 p.m.
- July 12: Identity Theft The Band will perform ’80s cover music with food from Surfer Taco.
- July 19: Todd Stanford Country Band will perform with food from Seoulmates and Vurger Guyz.
- July 26: Eagles tribute band, Dark Desert Highway, will perform with food from Ohana Hibachi and Vurger Guyz.
- Aug. 2: The Tribe Band, which plays a variety of one-hits, will perform with food from Birrieria El Patron 818 and Nacho Me Vegan.
- Aug. 9: Bobby and the Gypsies, a Catalan and Rumba band, will perform with food from Chicken King and Nacho Me Vegan.
Thursdays at City Hall’s Perkins Plaza, located at 613 E. Broadway, at 7 p.m.
- July 27: Verdugo Swing Society will perform with food from Birrieria El Patron 818 and Vurger Guyz.
- Aug. 3: Maybe I’m Amazed, a Paul McCartney tribute band, will perform with food from Uncle Al’s BBQ and Nacho Me Vegan.
- Aug. 10: Cuban salsa band Orquesta Charangoa will perform with food from Surfer Taco.
Fridays at the lawn behind Brand Library & Art Center, located at 1601 W. Mountain St., at 7 p.m.
- July 14: Maria Blues will perform Ska/reggae/Latin music.
- July 21: Greg Hosharian & Armenian Pops Ensemble will perform.
- July 28: Lizzy & the Triggermen will perform jazz/swing music.
- Aug. 4: Megan Shung Ensemble will perform classical/contemporary music.
- Aug. 11: Murphy’s Flaw will perform bluegrass music.
First published in the July 8 print issue of the Glendale News-Press.