As part of Community Services and Parks’ ongoing efforts to improve the condition of the city’s parks, reconstruction of the Dunsmore Park parking lot was completed between November 2023 and early January 2024.
The project was completed within the scheduled timeframe and budget constraints. Dunsmore Park’s upgrades included:
- The removal of deteriorated asphalt concrete pavement, which was replaced with 4-inch-thick Asphalt Surface Course pavement in the parking lot;
- The removal and replacement of broken concrete curbs and sidewalks;
- The installation of new concrete sidewalks on the northside of the tennis court;
- The installation of a 3-ft high metal fence, with a sliding gate in front of the recreational building;
- The installation of a 3-ft high metal fence, with swing gate adjacent to the playground;
- The installation of speed bump on the parking lot driveway exit;
- Newly planted trees; and
- The installation of new striping, signing, red curbs and Handicap parking stalls.
Community Services and Parks said the completion of the Dunsmore Park Improvements Project marks a significant milestone in enhancing the quality of life for the residents and visitors of the community.
For additional information about the project, visit glendaleca.gov/government/departments/public-works/projects/current/dunsmore-park-improvements-project.
First published in the February 10 print issue of the Glendale News-Press.